Monday, March 18, 2013

Arizona vacation, days 9 and 10 (Sa & Su)

Since we had to check out at 10am, we backtracked back up to northeast of Flagstaff to:
mostly so we could mark off all the National Monuments in that area.
 
 It really kind of sucks being too old for stuffed animals.
 View from the visitor's center. Rick was feeling very achy and tired by this point, so he took Jacob back to the car, even though this was the NM he wanted to see the most.

 It was also craft day, so we saw arrow carving, kids turning yucca leaves into paint brushes and clay pot molding.
 Brandon agreed to go on the short hike with me.


 



 pit room
2 room dwelling.

After that, we drove back down to Phoenix and while Rick and Jacob hung out at the hotel, Brandon and I went to dinner with my brother and his fiancĂ©e, then we all headed back to the room to hang out for awhile.

The next day was pretty uneventful, except for the part where I admit I was pretty bitchy. Jacob was up before 4am (which, because of the time change/Arizona not observing daylight savings time was 6am to him, even if he went to bed at what would have been 11pm to midnight to him). That coupled with Rick being restless from not feeling well...and I didn't get more than 2-3 hours of sleep each night for the week. So, even though he was sick, I totally asked Rick to take Jacob for the first leg of the flight home, and because he's awesome, he agreed. I think he sensed I was a donkey on the edge of losing it completely and needed a nap. And honestly, after seeing Rick let him eat half a Cinnabun and an entire small pizza before/during the flight, I stopped feeling bad. I already earned my puke badge for this trip. But Jacob was good and there was no regurgitation.

After we landed and got our bags, he stopped at Target to get a few groceries and get mini Pizza Hut pizzas, we dropped our bags and everyone went to a separate corner of the house and blocked everyone else out of existence.