A busy day. First off:
Then on to:
If there is a flag, I shall take a picture!
When we got to the set of ruins we were going to see, Jacob flat out refused to get out of the car. Took the door out of my hands and slammed it. So I got to explore by myself, since the other kid had his nose buried in a book. I guess he was tired of seeing ruins, too.
After that, it was on to Cameron, AZ where we stopped to shop at the trading post and eat this:
a plate sized Navajo fry bread taco. It was ok. The fry bread tacos we had in Montana were much better. Then it was on to the highlight of the day:
The watch tower:
As he reached the gate and looked out, Jacob said, "wow, look at that!" Granted, it's something he routinely says, but the timing was perfect.
inside the tower:
the view from the top level of the tower:
on to the lookouts:
South Rim:
I guess we're used to Yellowstone and the multiple ice cream shops. We promised the boys ice cream at Canyon Village. The best we could do was an ice cream sandwich for Jacob and a pint of Ben and Jerry's for Brandon from the store. And yes, Brandon managed to eat the entire ($7.69) pint.
Our timing wasn't quite right for the sunset over the mountains, but we did get a few nice shots.
