the roses are blooming
Rick got really sick on vacation and actually missed a week of work. Since he's only ever missed a day here and a day there, that in itself was significant. Add in the fact that the doctor prescribed Cipro (aka the drug they prescribe for anthrax exposure), you know he was a hurting unit. The real indicator for me? He willingly slept on the couch. He never sleeps on the couch.
Earlier this spring they got some limited edition Rodney White (my favorite artist) prints in at Target. I was really tempted for $59 each but was being good and resisting. Walking into see them on clearance for $16 each? Mine.Roses from my garden.
I saw something on pinterest about doodling on eggs so I thought I'd doodle on a few as a joke for Rick. He came back, looking rather confused, and said, "someone drew on the eggs." It took some doing to convince him that it was me and that I didn't buy them that way from the store.
Jacob is in denial that the weather is back to chilly and he has to wear pants. This was actually one of the days that the school called and had me come get him; his excema (from the weather going back and forth) was making him itchy and distracted.
Mama's boy still doesn't grasp that he's too big to sit in my lap. Please ignore the mess; creative things were happening :)







