Sunday, May 12, 2013

My precious

It was starting to get hot, and since mom and dad were coming for a visit, I couldn't put off picking out a new car any longer. We actually went to test drive a Chevy Equinox, since it had everything on my wishlist (GPS, sun roof, 2 person set placement settings, back up camera, remote start, dual climate control, auxillary jack to run my ipod. Is it any wonder I was avoiding going shopping?). The Equinox also had a built in dvd player with dual screens, which would have been nice. Alas, it was only a 2L and had pretty much no acceleration and was a rough ride. We decided to drive an Edge for comparison and really liked it. We ended up buying this beauty:
 
 

 Shh...Jacob still doesn't know there is a sunroof. This is with the moon roof open. I normally have it closed. I don't really want him to know where the buttons are yet.
 "Look at mom, rolling on 20s". Rick had a moment of panic after we brought it home and realized it had 20" rims and Perelli Scorpion tires. I'm not allowed to need replacement tires for a long time.



It had everything but the remote start and the back up camera. It does have backup sensors, so not a total miss. Rick offered to have a remote starter put on for me, but I decided it could wait. We got it home and were playing with his extra thing on the key ring that the salesman thought was an extra alarm system. Nope, it was the remote starter fob. Score!

Rick keeps laughing at me, since I'm constantly calling or texting him and saying, "I love my car!" The turn by turn instructions of the GPS annoy him, but I love it, and it's nice that my car will answer my phone and read me my texts :)  The only downside? Leather seats get reeeaaaally hot and metallic black paint shows every.single.raindrop.