Monday, July 30, 2007

Barnyard Trash Talker

That's what Jacob is. A trash talker. In the past when I've told him something he didn't want to hear, he would look at me and say "Oink!" while making the ASL sign for pig. And whenever Rick gets on his scout leader uniform for a meeting, Jacob likes to try and hug him, which is a problem right after dinner, so Jacob's been known to chase Rick around the living room, taunting him with "bak, bak!" That's right, calling dad a chicken. Which brings me to Thursday. I went in to get him out of bed so he could go to summer school. He was awake and looked at me when I opened the door, but when I said it was time to get up, he just looked at me and said, "COW DOG PIG OINK!!!" His response to my telling him that it wasn't nice to call people names? A full on giggle. He knows exactly what he's doing.