Friday, January 14, 2011
On the Beach
On Day 1, we drove east on I-10 until Pensalcola, FL and then swung south to drive along the coast of the panhandle, something that was on our to-do list. We spent the night around Ft. Walton Beach and the next day, we stopped at the beach in the Destin area. It was overcast and pretty chilly, but the Momma wanted pictures.
The boys were a good sport about it, and Jacob's eyes were sparkling, just looking at the water. I guess he smiled good, thinking the quicker he got pictures over with, the quicker he could get to the water.

Sigh, soon I shall be the runt of the litter.
We even handed the camera to Brandon (you're welcome, Mom).
And with that, he was off! We figured he wouldn't stay there too long, since it was pretty, pretty chilly water.
And of course, we underestimated the fact that Jacob is part polar bear, and was upset that we'd only let him go in up to his calves. Rick pointed out that since I was the one who gave him permission to go in, I was the one who had to go in after him. Somewhere on my computer is a picture of me screaming "Holy Mother" as soon as the water hit my fit. After the first minute, it wasn't too bad, but I'm not sure if that's because I got used to it, or if my feet were numb.
We couldn't convince Brandon to come in, no matter what we said.
We stayed in for about 10 minutes and then I had the fun task of dragging Jacob, backwards, up the beach to get him back to the car. Twas a humorous task (complete with a pic of his bum hanging out his pants), that was less humorous once we got off the beach and the chill hit the bare feet. I promised Rick I would vaccuum the sand out of his car when we got back, but thus far he has not given up his car long enough for me to do it.