Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm Not Sure Santa Can Actually Fit Down This Thing!


Brandon is starting to ask "the question". I guess technically he asked it when he was 7, but then quickly talked himself into still believing in Santa all on his own, within 30 seconds of asking. Now that he's 10, we've struggled whether or not to just let him go on his own, or to (purposely) let the cat out of the bag. Dads tend to say, tell him, he's already naive and will get teased. Moms say, let him believe, and be a kid, for as long as possible. He did flat out ask me the other day if I was Santa. I asked him what he thought. Somewhere in a 10 minute dissertation there was the evidence that he's never heard hoofs clattering on the rooftop, but that was blown out of the water when I pointed out that he didn't hear the tree falling on the roof right over his head during the hurricane, either. So, he doesn't know what to believe, or so he says. I think he does pretty much knows, and just wants me to come out and say it. You don't think I would make things that easy for him, do you?