Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Haunting





Halloween has come and gone, to Brandon's dismay. He wishes it would be a weeklong affair. Every year the scouts put on a carnival down at the school, so he gets to do very little trick or treating house to house, which could explain why he wished it would last longer. For the last 3 weeks, ever since Rick forwarded an email to me, I've been asking him if he wanted a costume. Nope, he'd say. Every time. So on the morning of Halloween, what does he say to me? "Maybe I should have a costume." Typical Rick. So on to find an adult costume on Halloween. Yeah, that's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. 3 stores and 4 phone calls later, he had vetoed everything or everything that he wanted was out of stock, so he ended up as the grim reaper. Hey, it is Rick we're talking about here, so kind of fitting. Brandon thought it was pretty cool that dad had a costume. Rick, Brandon (Ben 10), his friends Nick (the red ninja), and Garett (alien), and their dad Stephen headed down to the carnival for a couple hours and Colleen and I took Jacob (superman) and Erik (doggy and ducky doctor) out for the 1/2 mile loop around our block. Slight problem. With the daylight savings time switch, they got to go to 3 houses, so after it got dark Colleen manned the door and I took them back around and this time when they were done their legs were tired and their bags stuffed full. After he gets back from the carnival (and hits up the neighbors for candy), it's Brandon's job to man the door, and he takes it pretty seriously. We ended up with about 20 goody bags of candy left, which is pretty standard unless it's a Friday or a Saturday night.