Thursday, November 1, 2007

4th Grade Program




This year Brandon's class musical was called "I Can Be Anything I Want to Be" about a class exploring differnt work option. It was pretty cute. The jobs represented were baker, sailor, plumbers, train engineers, cowboys, and movie stars. Brandon was a train engineer. Of course, this required him to be wearing overalls. Do you know how hard it is to find overalls for boys down here? I finally found some in the clearance section at OshKosh for a whopping $3.99, which was great, because he's never going to wear them again. The downside? They only had size 12, and as you can see Brandon is nowhere near a size 12. Try size 7. (Technically, since he has pretty much no hips, I can still buy shorts for him from the toddler section, like size 3t and 4t and such. Nope, really not kidding.) So if any one looked really close, you could tell that Brandon had about 5 inches of pant legs hemmed up inside. My thoughts (and my friend Kathy's thoughts) were pretty much the same: hey, for once our kids aren't wearing matching costumes; hey they aren't wearing the cowboy outfit for the 3rd year in a row; wouldn't it have been nice to have them be one of the school kids or the plumbers with no costume; and I really hope those plungers are new or have been sterilized. Overall, pretty cute program. Which I get to go and watch again tonight.