Thursday, January 12, 2012

Random january 1

Benefit of living in Texas #47--roses blooming in January.
Snuggled up to watch the Texans game (Texans!!!)
Brandon and his friend Jason building a catapult (Lord help us all if it actually works).
Mom's Barber Shop. Actually, not to bad this time. Brandon was a bit disappointed that we made him shave his mustache, but, to his delight, it is already growing back.
A fresh stack of vacation photos.
I used my Christmas gift money to buy myself a typewriter. I would have loved a vintage one (nice to look at), but I wasn't willing to a)spend the money on one or b)spend time tracking one down in hopes I could find a good deal. So I am quite happy with my electronic one from Office Max, especially the "correction" option, since my fingers tend to type faster than my brain can think. Brandon thinks it's pretty cool, too. Rick wonders why, when I have a laptop (the Jacob steals as soon as he gets home) and and iPad (that Rick steals as soon as he gets home) am I so excited about a typewriter? It just makes scrapbook journaling so much easier when I want something typed. And I really, really just like the sound of typewriters. Just love me honey, just love me.
Rick with 2 dozen honey cornbread muffins (his contribution to the office potluck lunch). Sigh, I cooked 'em, but didn't get to eat 'em.