Last Friday, Jacob came down with a fever and a cough around bedtime. The couging woke him up at 3am Saturday and he was up for the rest of the day (which is actually kind of impressive, when you consider that he was up at 4am on Friday.) He just kind of hung out, watching dvd's most of the day, which was kind of nice for me, since I could snooze on the couch for a couple minutes at a time. I spent all day Saturday slathering his chest with Vick's vapor rub, squirting saline spary up his nose, steaming him in the bathroom and then refilling the vaporizer all night. By Sunday his fever was gone, he was only a little congested and he was running around like his wild little self. Score a victory for mom!
And then Brandon and Rick came home from Webelos Woods camping. Brandon had a sore throat and a "mushy head" and Rick had the same mushy head, a slight fever, body aches and chest congestion. Sigh. Both stayed home on Monday. Rick did a very beleivable impersonation of a zombie. Brandon curled up in bed and watched tv and read the newest Wimpy Kid book in about an hour and a half, while Rick employed the "sleep three hours/up for an hour, repeat" method. Both seemed to work as they both went back to work/school on Tuesday. I think Rick might have started to take it personally when I would follow him from room to room and spray everything he came into contact with down with Lysol.
So I spent Tuesday morning pulling all the sheets, blankets, and pillowcases from the beds to wash, spraying the beds down with Lysol, and rotating/flipping matresses. For the record, flipping queen mattresses by yourself qualifies as exercise. Or punishment.