Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Everyday Stuff

Ride em' cowboy! Jacob never used to care about the stuff in the lobby of Toys R Us, but now, he won't enter the store until he's gotten his ride. While Rick was at a training session to become an Assistant Scoutmaster, the boys and I ran errands. We really didn't plan to go to TRU, but things will go much easier if we just let Jacob at least walk through.
Brandon needed a new pair of shoes already, and he was very specific that they be the exact same pair he got in August. They had to be New Balance, because they match his New Balance brand glasses. Oookay. Jacob was doing a little dancing in the aisles with the foot sizing chart while B was shoe shopping. Brandon's lobbying for a cell phone of his own, because "all the kids in 6th grade have them. I'm the only one that doesn't have one!" Sigh. Is it that time already?

After shoes, we went to Halloween Express to see what they had for costumes. Jacob likes trying on hats, the only downside is that he makes me sing the Barney "Silly Hat" song for each one. Overall, the store seemed to kind of overwhelm him. He liked a lot of the hats, but he definitely wasn't too sure about this one with the attached hair.

Wah! I want my fall weather. We had it for about 2 days and then we got this muggy sauna shtuff. I get to read everyone's facebook updates about blizzards, and I get to adjust my AC again. Normally that would make me happy. Right now, I just want it to feel like fall.
Jacob, however, is perfectly content to let it stay nice enough to play outside with the water. Everyday. Running around in his swim trunks. I like it for one reason and one reason only: if he's outside, then he's not making a mess inside. Some days I'm easy to please.

Brandon had his most recent Scout Court of Honor. He was officially promoted to Tenderfoot and recieved his Woodworking, Leathercrafting, Geology, Fingerprinting, Basketry, Small Craft Sailing, and Climbing Merit Badges. He's still working on his Coin Collecting badge.
Tuesday was National Night Out for Texas (hah, they moved it from August when it's too hot to October, when it's...not quite as hot. We didn't have a party this year; Rick had a tax hearing and I'm not fond of hosting a party and watching Jacob outside at night at the same time. Maybe next year.