Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Park It!






Well, I had an industrious morning. Got the dishes and several loads of laundry done, cleaned up and vacuumed the living room and dining room and got both bathrooms scrubbed-by 10am. Jacob was not impressed with any of this. He got a death grip on my arm and led me to the door. So, ok. It's time for a ride. He's not particularly picky, so anywhere will do. Except maybe the dentist. Can't blame him on that one. (I still haven't decided if I'm going to post the pics of him trussed up like Hannibal Lector while at the dentist from last week. Disturbing and funny all at the same time. Especially when you consider that they had to eventually lash his legs together so he couldn't Hulk flex and unlatch all the velcro.) Anyway, we stopped at Walgreens for a few things on my list and while we were there we grabbed some drinks. With lids. This was an integral part of the plan. Because after that it was a quick stop at McD's for some actual food before we went to the park for a picnic. Drinks with lids are important because every trip to the park ends up with Brandon's drink being spilled or dumped. It's usually his fault only about 50% of the time. Jacob's kind wild, you know?

After eating, they (we also have Brandon's friend Kenny this week during the day) ran off to play. They all ended up on one playset, with Kenny being an attacking walrus (I don't get it, either) and Brandon and Jacob trying to avoid his clutches. I love that they include Jacob in their play instead of just yelling at him to go away. It was a fun hour at the park. I must admit, I'm still getting used to Brandon having transition lenses on his new glasses. You can't see his eyes, and that bothers me. Eventually I'll remember to take a pic of him inside.