Meadows Place was incorporated 25 years ago this year, so we had a bit of a shindig to celebrate. Camel rides, petting zoo, mechanical bull, the apache helicopter landed, live band, barbeque, and our first ever fireworks display. The newer section of the park was also named for the previous mayor and Brandon's scout den presented the color guard to kick things off. And the best part of the whole evening? Jacob and I stayed for the whole 4 hours. Yep. Four hours. Whatever this new phase he's going through, I like it. He rode the camel, ate a cupcake, played on the playground equipment, ate 2 1/2 burgers, walked around a lot and absolutely loved the fireworks. Brandon spent the entire night playing at the playground with his friends. The playground that he plays on every day at school. I guess it was his night to have fun with. Although, he and his friend Rylan slipped off to the playground to watch fireworks together. Not sure whether or not to be concerned; she's referred to him as her boyfriend since 2nd grade.