I hadn't really planned out the holiday festivities too much this year, so I settled for the standard water balloon and water gun fight. Besides, we were already wet, anyway. After lunch each kid got a squirt gun and a bucket of balloons and were given the specific instructions that only adults with swimsuits (i.e. the Dads) were eligible targets. The moms, and their cameras, were off limits. Besides, I was wet enough from helping Rick fill 190 or so water balloons. Anyway, off they went, after the boys had sorted themselves into 3 teams of 2, and one team of dads. It was kind of a free for all, and the moms still got pegged a few times, but at least mine was limited to my feet, while Colleen ended up with a mud bomb in her hair and a wet behind. Brandon had his usual meltdown, because apparently it is ok for his team to try and steal other teams' guns and balloons, but it's not fair for them to do it to him. Sigh. We go through this every time. I had to flat out tell him that this will be the last water fight until he can learn to control his anger. He can't just see it as fun, it always has to be a comptetition. Things started to go south again until I made everyone stop the water fight and pose for a group picture, thereby unititng them in their disgust for me interrupting. After that, they all got along great.