The Great Wall of Videos has had several locations, from the bathroom counter to the hallway (blocking access to his room), the living room window sill. Simba on Pride Rock? That's a fairly recent thing. He loves his Simba. Got him for Christmas a couple years ago. Carries him around perched on his shoulder, resting against his ear while "Hakuna Mata" plays, like Simba is a fuzzy boombox. Swings him by the tail. Now, Jacob is not a Disney watcher. We've gotten him to watch a minute here and a minute there of a couple videos, but he does love the sing along videos that he finds at Half Price Books for $.98. I think that one of them has a song from Lion King, because soon after watching one Simba took up permanent residence on his very own Pride Rock in our living room. Ah, yes. The wrapping paper. Jacob's been waking up anywhere from 3:30 am to his normal 7am for the last two weeks. Near as we can tell, his bladder is telling him to wake up, and while it is killing me since it is dovetailing oh so nicely with my own insomnia that gets me to sleep around 1 or 2am, it's a nice step in the potty training process. Anyway, at the end of this Friday, he was on his 3rd day of "wake up before humanly acceptable" and by 5pm both of us were fried. So he decided to weed out my supply of wrapping paper. About 6 years ago, I was buying some wrapping paper at the after-Christmas sales, and when they rang up, they were ringing up at $.10 a roll. $5 wrapping paper rolls for .10? You can bet I stocked up. Fast forward, and I am down to my last 2 rolls, plus a roll from a friends' school fundraiser. Unwrapping and lining up wrapping paper, bags of his videos, envelopes and whatever else he found in my wrapping paper organizer (no scissors, I don't have a death wish) kept him occupied and happy for over 2 hours. So hey, I'm not about to cry over the 2 rolls of .10 paper and a couple goody bags that didn't survive.