

Not sure if it's Tropical Storm Erin all the way up here yet, but the rain they've been talking about all day finally arrived tonight. Supposed to rain off and on until next week. We're in the light green 1-2 inch area. The Houston area is already 12 inches above normal for rainfall. The Rio Grande Valley (down by the Mexican border) could get flooding and such; and I guess technically so could we. (Not we as in us, but a general Houston area we). With the exception of T.S. Alison in 2001, we usually get more rain and flooding from normal storms than we do from tropical storms. So I guess we'll keep our fingers crossed for awhile and see what she does. Honestly, I'm more worried about Rick's traffic projects in the valley and in Corpus, where it's supposed to come ashore.
(photos are from weather.com and abc13.com)