Monday, August 27, 2007

Back to School





The big day is finally here! Jacob was ready to go at 7AM, even though his bus wasn't listed as picking him up until 7:20. He knows the drill and went out and posed for pictures. Brandon had plans to meet a friend to ride bikes, so he came and took his pictures as well. Rick held off on breakfast so he could come take pictures, too (I have them so well trained!). But alas, at 7:40 when Brandon left, poor Jacob was still waiting for his bus. It finally got here at 8AM, just when I was giving up and getting ready to drive him over to school. Their list says 7:45 pickup, so I guess he gets to sleep a little later now. He was really happy. By then it was too late to go and take pics of Brandon at school without disrupting the class, although he's getting to the age where he wants some measure of independance, which is a good thing. It makes me a little sad, since this is the first time in six years that I haven't walked him into school on the first day. Cutting apron strings is hard. Nobody ever warns you about that.