Friday, January 11, 2013

at the beach

That's right...in Texas it is occaissionaly warm enough to go to the beach during Thanksgiving weekend. Rick didn't agree, and this was pretty much as far as we got him this time. I don't normally go out to far in the water (there may or may not be an unreasonable fear of sharks involved) but I was the one who actually went out and played with the boys, while Rick took a nap in the van. Hey, everyone was happy. Except Jacob, when we made him leave after two hours because of thunder and lightning. It was one of our most successful beach outings to date.


 


 
Brandon, playing "tow truck" when Jacob would get out further than I wanted him to.
 Boogie boarding so mom can take a couple pics.


 Because he loves me, Rick collected some seashells for my collection.
yep, that's me out there getting smashed by a wave.

close your eyes, mom. This this even come close to portraying the huge block of birds that we drove through on the way home.