Thursday, April 24, 2008

Autism Awareness




April is Autism Awareness Month, so Jacob's class had a "releasing of the balloons" and a lunch to spotlight it. All the kids had a balloon with their initials on it to release. The big challenge was to keep Jacob from popping it before it was time to release it. Jacob has a fun class this year, full of characters. A couple fo the kids have been with him for a few years now, and one boys has been with Jacob every year since they started back at age 3. Jacob was a little less than impressed at first, since I was there, he had his coat on, but we weren't leaving. They said after I left that he was very sad for about an hour and just sat at his desked and moped. I quite honestly expected a phone call to come back and get him and was surprised that he at least didn't throw enough of a temper tantrum that he needed to be removed.