Forgive the glut of photos, I'm still in the honeymoon stage with the camera.
We camped overnight at Stephen F. Austin State Park, which is about an hour and a half outside of Houston (bonus...we drive right by Archivers out in Katy, so I got to stop in and do a little scrappy shopping...not that I need to do anymore, but hey, I want to do my part to keep them around.)
As we were turning on the road, I noticed an older building that I hadn't noticed the one other time we had been to this park. Turns out, it is a historical site and a great place to stop and snap a few pictures.
I thought this would make a cute Christmas card pic, but Rick suggested one that made Jacob look a little less giant-ish.
So I might use this one.
Then on to the park. I requested we do the Nature Trail while we still had some light and I could play with different settings on the camera.
A very small section of the leaves were starting to turn, so unless we try again later in the fall, this may be the extent of my fall pictures.
"Patiently" waiting for the burgers to get done.
Trying to learn to take low light and fire pics before the Hawaii trip.
Our little raccoon. He would pop his head out and giggle and pop himself back in and giggle every time he saw me try and take a pic. Finally caught him.
Waiting for blueberry cobbler.
In the a.m., right behind the tents.
The best part of camping...Rick cooks and cleans up :)