We came home from Jacob's birthday lunch and as I was throwing away some stuff from the car, I saw this guy between the driveway and side deck area. I don't know how both Rick and Jacob managed to not step on him.
He was pretty shy
But would occasionally pop his head out a little. We went inside for a few minutes, and then came out to find him making his way down the driveway.
At that point, he was not very friendly. I don't blame him, with a giant like Jacob walking around, I'd be nervous, too.
After about 15 minutes of watching and waiting for him to stick his head out a little more, we gave up and went inside. A couple minutes after that, the neighbor's yard guys showed up, and when I looked outside, Mr. Turtle was hauling ass back up our driveway and hid in my flower bed for awhile.