Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Project 365, Week 15

April 4 - Easter egg hunting time. I don't know, this picture just makes me smile.
April 5 - Have I mentioned how much I hate my pin oaks in the spring? I have quite the lovely pollen problem. It drops all over the yard, the sidewalks, the street, across the street, down the street for 3 houses...I try and be a good neighbor, but spending 2 hours sweeping up pollen on a Monday morning really bites. Especially, when you can't even tell the next day that I did anything.
April 6 - The tooth fairy ran out of money! Kidding. Jacob had a dentist appointment. He was rather non-cooperative for xrays, cleaning and exam, and wouldn't take the medicine to calm him down, so 5 of us wrestled him onto the backboard and velcroed him in. Once he's in, he's relatively calm. No cavities, and the dentist says his teeth look better than most kids his age. All his molars are coming in and trying to shove the baby teeth out, which were just hanging there (he had lost one the night before, as well), so the dentist wiggled them out real quick. It was kind of weird for me to see the teeth, usually Jacob gives no indication that he has a loose tooth, we just find out about it when we notice a gap in his mouth. I had only ever seen one of his lost teeth before. Just after he was finished and we were waiting for the gas sedative to wear off, he pulled a classic Jacob and released a fountain o' puke. (And it really was a fountain, since he was on his back.) Fun times at the dentist. They kept telling me not to worry, it was no problem, and I made them laugh when I asked if it was wrong to send an "I'm sorry" box of chocolates to a dentist.
April 7 - Down comes the wallpaper in the living room. This wallpaper was just one layer but it was a pain in the butt, especially since it involved the big ladder.

April 8 - Jacob's class and the other special ed classes had a field trip to Dewberry Farm. Sniff, this is my last field trip with these teachers. I'm going to miss them. Jacob had a lot of fun, pointed out all the animals, made friends with a miniature horse, and bounced himself silly on a giant inflatable pillow.
April 9 - In our world, sometimes it's better to just quirk an eyebrow, take a picture and move on. I think he might have been acting out a scene from a Thomas video where Thomas goes off the tracks and into the water, but I can't be sure.
April 10 - Brandon's sleepover friends, Johny and Jason. It was such a quiet and uneventful sleepover, with the exception of the linked DSes still going at 2am. They had fun, though. Brandon was cute, he had a schedule of events made up days ahead of time.