Saturday, January 2, 2010
How to Keep a Jacob Busy
Apparently the key to keeping Jacob happy and occupied while we hang paneling in our room is to alternate between sing sing songing, playdoh, sing sing songing and playing with beans. Heh, who knew?
It was a move of desperation that led me to digging the playdoh out of the cabinet. We had bought it a year ago for a camping trip and hadn't touched it since. Color me surprised that only one out of 24 containers was dried out. Here he is rolling out the dough to cut out pumpkin shapes.
After he had a pile of pumpkins, he would cut them up with my decorative edge scissors.
And then create some more pumpkins and line them up. After cutting them up, he would stack the pieces into a big multi colored pile.
At the end, he took away the little balls I was rolling and squished them together, added eyes, nose and "mouf!" and declared his creation a "noman!"
Later we dug out the bucket o' beans that we still had from doing different therapy exercises with him. It's a texture thing. He played for quite awhile, and every couple of hours I would go vacuum up stray beans. It's helped occupy him for a few days now, so who am I to complain about the mess (oh, wait, I complain every time I walk in the dining room and step on a bean.)