Saturday, January 2, 2010

Diary of an Ordinary Day

January 1, 2010

This year, I'm going to try and complete a project 365 challenge; in this challenge you take a picture every day for the year and combine them in a binder or photo album; it shows you a snapshot of your life at a glance. So, I didn't really expect to get too many pics today, so I started off with a pic of Jacob riding the horse ride at Walmart with my phone. And then I ended up taking pics all day, 9o some in total. Here are a few:
Brandon, the used tool salesman.
Helping Dad add the bottom pieces of trim on our taller than 8 feet walls. Now I just need to spend the next couple of weeks patching, filling, sanding, priming and painting. Yay.

Jacob, watching the tv from the backyard.
"Hey, Heather! Brandon's taking the lights down--do you want to grab your camera?"
More confetti eggs to help occupy Jacob.This is what happens when you give Brandon a task. Throw away the edge pieces. Easy, right? Forty minutes later he was still breaking them into pieces. We're working on the play on your own time concept.
Jacob, tracing the words that he had mom write on the sidewalk. He spelled JACOB, DAD, COW, MOO, HORSE, PIG, CHICKEN and had me spell mom, neigh, Shawn, Kathy and Barney (his favorite Barney video characters).
Rick, cleaning up the mess from trimming the paneling pieces. Rachel at work comments that the pics of us doing things outside always show us barefoot, so I had to stick a pic of Rick wearing shoes in. (In the interest of full disclosure, he was the only one wearing shoes. Oops.)
Brandon, helping Dad some more. He has some things still left to do on the home repair badge he started at winter camp.
And that was pretty much our day in a nutshell. Work on the house, take Jacob for a ride, clean up after Jacob, cook dinner, play games in the evening. We're boring and we know it.