Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sometimes, I Hate Being Right

Rick made it back safe and sound from the ski trip. I told him that he needed to have someone at least take a picture of him decked out in his ski gear so I could see him, and if possible, have one of the co-workers take a picture of him skiing, because I have never seen him ski. Now, I'm used to him never remembering to take picutres, but I had high hopes because I specifically bought him a small and lightweight camera for Christmas so that he could take pictures without having to complain about my big honkin' camera. So, of course, he took absolutely zero pictures while he was gone. I think he has actually taken 5 pictures over the course of two vacations now. My two main concerns for him on the trip were his high blood pressure and his legs not cooperating (one of them tends to get weak). The first day of skiing, an old leg injury from snowmobiling kicked in so he only got to ski for about half a day before his leg said, You Shall Quit Now. Then his high blood pressure spiked up and his wife said over the phone, You Shall Quit Now. So he passed off his remiaining lift ticket and spent the second day of the ski trip watching football. Plenty of poker playing to make him happy, though. I just wish he could have done more skiing like he wanted to.