Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lazy Summer Days

I feel like I should write something, but not too much is going on down here. The heat and the humidity kicked in this weekend, so even Jacob doesn't want to go outside and play. Brandon sounds like he's having fun in North Dakota; he's hanging out with his cousins, went to Old Settlers Day, building wooden cars with Uncle Randy and got to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Jacob started summer school on Monday. I was a bit worried how he'd react to it only being 2 hours (it used to be 4) but he seems happy enough, especially since he still gets his bus ride. He has the same teacher he had 4 years ago for his first summer school. I don't know if he remembers her, but she says he is still the most loving, sweet boy, very smart and independant, and loves having him in class. I've been hearing that a lot lately; it's always so nice to hear. Still no progress to report in potty training; it's probably going to go down as my biggest failure as a mother. Swimming at the pool is going good. HRick is busy as usual, working weekends to stay caught up. He was in Brownsville Monday, Corpus Christi yesterday and today, and heads to Amarillo tomorrow. Which means he is running par for the course, and when he slows down for vacation he's going to get sick. A lot of our life in unpredictable, but Rick getting sick on vacation is just generally a given (although 2 of the last 3 vacations it's been me). I'm having generally a pretty creative month; after not scrapbooking for a month or two, I suddenly felt like it and have managed to create about 20 layouts and several mini albums and projects for other people.