Sunday, June 1, 2014

Garden report, May

the flowers:
Roses: 
 
Jacob's rose: 
Veteran's Honor: 
 


 I don't usually get roses off Teasing Georgia past Mother's Day, so I'm thrilled to still be getting blooms at the end of May.

 
I thought the Jasmine was long gone, but some is peaking out from under the roses:
 Elephant ears are popping back up in the front yard:
 I found these on clearance for my red, white and blue flower bed:
 Indian blanket is still alive:
 and so is the Hibiscus:
 
The hydrangeas are still making me very happy:



 
 
And the fruits and veggies:
 
lemon boy tomato is still going:
 
 
 I've harvested several rounds of small Roma tomatoes:
 
I'm obsessed with the blackberries:

 

We've gotten a few small bowls worth, and they are tasty.
 
The strawberries are slow going:

There are about 7 oranges currently growing on the orange tree:
 
Nothing to report on the peaches.
 
The vegetable garden took a beating during the rainstorms at the end of the month (we got several inches in a short amount of time).
 The holes the rain put in the leaves:
 I added a new pepper: orange.

It's been a week (and another rainstorm) but the corn (in the back row) is finally starting to rebound.