I had heard of Elf on the Shelf (an elf hides around the house and reports back to Santa, and maybe causes a little mischief), but didn't do it because Brandon is at the age of not believing anymore. But really, the last two Christmas' haven't been as much fun. (Ok, last year was fun because we were in Orlando) but the SEASON itself held less joy for me, which is depressing, because I loved everything that went into the month of December---baking, crafts, searching for that one special present, music, new ornaments, the anticipation... It was all gone. So this year I decided to change that. The magic of Christmas shouldn't be for just the kids. It should touch all of us, make us look forward to it instead of dreading it. I'm putting more effort into decorating, taking pictures, baking, doing things for my friend's kids that still believe and such, so I decided that there was no reason I couldn't do Elf on the Shelf to amuse myself. Brandon was a little reluctant to get on board, and quite frankly, he's been a little bit of a s^$th#6d lately, so in a moment of stellar parenting, I told him if continued to ruin Christmas (and a great deal of the time I spend with him) for me with his sarcasm, back-talking and constant complaining about being asked to do simple things, I would guarantee that this would be the last Christmas we celebrated with presents. Sadly, it wasn't spending more time with him or honest talking to him, but the threat of less goodies that got him to cooperate. Sigh. Anyway...
Psst...I'm not supposed to "know" where he's headed next, but I have it on good authority that he's outside trying to steal Rick's car.