Monday, April 6, 2009

Little Bits

Not a whole heck of a lot is going on here, but my mom will tell you that that is no excuse for not updating or even posting some random photos. Well, except the fact that I've been falling down on the picture taking job, too.

Brandon took his first (of three) TAKS tests last month. He got a commended score (he only missed one question) on his reading test. Tomorrow he takes another one (science?) and then the last one at the end of the month (math?)

The school's spring carnival (Old Town Meadows) was at the end of March. Glad that's finally over, and I wasn't even on the committee this year, just slave labor. I spent the week filling ticket orders, the day of (8am to 10pm) helping set up and the night of running from one end of the school to the other checking on things and cleaning up. A lot of work, but the kids love it.

Jacob is still doing really well at school. He's only had one potty accident during the day since they started putting him exclusively in boxers mid-March. He will get summer school 3 days a week this summer; we were hoping for the full week, but it's better than nothing.

Rick laughed when I called him during the day on Thursday and told him he sucked. I was furniture shopping. Furniture shopping is no fun when the main criteria is what is least likely to break. I finally found a dining room set that might stand up to Jacob's punishment for a little while. I don't think the salespeople knew what to make of me walking through the show room and wiggling the tables and chairs to check for sturdiness. Apparently normal people look for style. Who knew? As soon as they delivered it on Saturday Jacob started playing around the world. He has one more chair to sit in for a meal and them maybe he'll pick a permanent spot.

I hadn't planned on doing an egg hunt this year but Brandon informed me that that was not acceptable. (Of course, he also thinks that the Easter bunny {which he still belives in} will bring him a Nintendo DS). I finally broke down and bought some plastic eggs last week and now there is a 40-60% chance of rain on Easter. Typical. I think we've only had 2 (out of about 8) egg hunts outside. There is also 47 dozen confetti eggs in the garage waiting to be used, but I think that they might get held until Jacob's birthday in July.

Jacob has scaled back on his attempt to drive me insane. During spring break, he watched the same Barney video over and over again, and now he's down to just 2-3 times a day of watching it. I should probably hide it, but it makes him happy.