Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Whole Lot of Nothing Going On

It was pointed out that I've been a little bit AWOL from the blog lately. But, see how exciting it is at our house right now? Jacob has taken to wearing pink hats to alleviate the boredom. And yet he doesn't like variation in his routine. At school one day they tried to skip over the pledge of allegience and the rest of the morning calendar routine, but he was having nothing to do with that. He is something of a teacher's helper, and will answer questions for the other kids if they don't answer quick enough.
It's a crappy picture, but it was cracking me up. Brandon had one last requirement for his scout stuff, and it involved putting on a puppet show. For Jacob. Can you see the confusion on Jacob's face, trying to figure out why Dad and Brandon are waving paper bags in front of his face? After Farmer Brown got done mooing, Jacob took one of the puppets and went and put his snacks inside of it and tried to get me to hang it up. I guess he remembers those Cinco de Mayo puppets from a couple years ago.

I made a goal this year of trying to take better pictures and really learn how my camera works. January was supposed to have the brightest full moon of the year, but it just wasn't cooperating in Houston. I have to resort to taking pictures of somewhat inanimate objects, since my children so very rarely cooperate.

Nothing much to see here, just a little geekfest going on in my living room.

It's been kind of a odd month weather-wise. Two days of high 70's (I know, I know, quite whining), followed by 30's, then 50's and then all over in between. My flowers are thinking it's kind of cool, though.