Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Good Lord in Heaven, Look Who's 37!


The birthday boy with his all time favorite presents.


We had his annual Oktoberfest birthday party 2 weekends ago. It started the year he turned 30 and was meant to be a one time thing, but the next year everyone kept asking if we were going to do it again, so it kind of turned into a yearly thing. Now we keep it low key with just 2 other families for Jacob's sake. Every year I mean to take pictures, and every year I don't realize until about a week later that I didn't take any. Oops. So visualize sauerkraut, sauerbraten, sausage and other assorted German food making the house smell funky, german chocolate cake with warm german chocolate fudge sauce, 6 adults and one 5 year old girl hiding in the dining room, trying to stay out of the way of the 5 boys in the living room and Jacob cranking up the Barney video to try and force everyone out. Good times at the Staigle house, indeed.